Straight North high-quality SEO campaigns are highly structured, carefully coordinated and energetically implemented. Structure ensures that all necessary steps are taken to produce results. Coordination ensures that steps are taken in the proper order, to prevent overlap and other inefficiencies. Energetic implementation ensures that the quality of work stays at the highest possible level. Your campaign process flows through five stages:
- Discovery, Research & Analysis. Reviewing your business, industry and keyword demand
- Strategy. Establishing measurable goals, milestones and timeframes
- Setup. Implementing lead-tracking systems and other technical optimization prerequisites
- Execution. Conducting strategic, ongoing off-site and on-site tasks
- Analytics & Continuous Improvement. Collecting and evaluating data to the recalibrate the campaign
Our effective and expert search engine ranking process has been refined and proven to be successful for small business, middle market, local and national SEO campaigns with a focus on positioning that drives organic traffic that converts into sales leads and revenue. A key component of our process is a dedicated account manager. This individual, a trained and experienced search engine optimization specialist, oversees all campaign activity and coordinates all internal and client communications. Our account manager’s goal is to keep you informed and answer your questions quickly, completely and clearly. Complex, well-organized and professional SEO services require a large, experienced staff. Straight North has it. Our full-time, in-house team includes strategists, analysts, copywriters, editors, content marketers, Web designers and developers who work in concert to meet your campaign objectives.
Request A Free Consultation
Being in a highly specialized niche, we didn’t think SEO would help us generate leads, and we are happy to report that Straight North proved us wrong!
What to Look for in SEO Companies
Finding an affordable SEO outsource that adheres to industry best practices and delivers reliable results is much easier said than done. To distinguish top performers from the pack for your organic search campaign, pay careful attention to these SEO agency attributes.
- Is the SEO provider effective? High-quality, reliable SEO firms are eager to share case studies highlighting their results. Look for meaningful results such as lead generation and organic traffic growth. Some types of results are less meaningful. For instance, if the firm highlights monthly increases in natural rankings, this could be a warning bell: Rankings can no longer be calculated with a high degree of precision, nor do they necessarily correlate to increased traffic and lead generation.
- Is the SEO provider an expert? Hiring an SEO firm with a good reputation as an industry leader is always smart. Top firms usually have the best positions in organic queries for SEO keywords, have endorsements from current clients, and have articles published on leading marketing industry websites that display an expert knowledge of SEO theory and best practices.
- Does the SEO provider have the right positioning? The key here is to buy SEO services from a firm that aligns with your company's specific needs. For instance, if the purpose of your campaign is lead generation, look for an SEO firm with natural optimization experience in that area, rather than a firm specializing in e-commerce clients. Another important factor is business-size focus. If you are a small business, be careful before you hire an SEO firm with predominantly Fortune 500 clients — you may be a very small fish in a gigantic pond.
- Does the SEO provider nurture quality client relationships? SEO campaigns involve ongoing communication and collaboration between agency and client. Does the SEO firm's staff mesh with your own? Do you think you would enjoy working with the SEO firm over a long period of time? Is the SEO firm one that emphasizes transparency and accountability in reporting and campaign management? The best SEO companies in the USA handle business in a very professional manner: Don't settle for anything less.
- Does the SEO provider offer competitive pricing? Even if all these other attributes line up, pricing can still be a deal breaker if the firm does not have the internal processes or market positioning to support ongoing campaign activities within your budget. This is why SEO firms tend to focus on small, midsize, or large firms; the execution varies considerably depending on scale. But also: Beware of SEO firms charging too little for their monthly services! A low monthly fee is certainly tantalizing, but there is no free lunch with SEO, and low-budget campaigns almost always fail.
Don't Be Intimidated by Technical SEO Jargon!
Clients are often confused and frustrated when interviewing SEO firms that obscure their message with technical SEO terminology. Straight North is very much opposed to this practice; our belief is an informed, educated client is the best kind of client. If an SEO firm can't explain its services and value proposition in plain English, either it doesn't really know what it's doing — or it doesn't want you to know.
Within this section of our website, you will find Web pages covering technical aspects of SEO — in plain English. We encourage you to review this information to gain insight about important SEO sub-specialties such as research, analytics and reports. Gaining this knowledge makes you and your team better equipped to hire the best SEO firm and evaluate its work effectively.