Consider this: The first time someone interacts with your restaurant, it may be far away from your doors. More and more consumers are searching eateries online before choosing whether or not to visit them. That’s why your restaurant’s website design is so important — in those pivotal first few moments in which people find your site, you basically have one chance to entice them.
Restaurant Website Design Company
Whether you’re a mom-and-pop café or a national franchise, you want to attract more people to your location. The problem? With new restaurants popping up every day, it’s harder than ever to stand out.
Some of the clients we’ve developed an updated web presence for:
What Makes a Restaurant’s Website Design Persuasive?
When you work with a professional restaurant web design company, it will use proven design elements to increase your website’s ROI. What are those elements? What can you expect from restaurant web design services in terms of what builds your business? To give you an idea of what goes into a professional restaurant web design agency’s methods, here are a few must-haves for good restaurant web design.
1. An online menu. At a basic, foundational level, restaurants are about food. This is why visitors to your site are going to want to see your menu(s).
2. Design that matches your restaurant ambiance. Atmosphere is such a big component of the restaurant experience, so you want your website to communicate that atmosphere appropriately. Even before someone visits your restaurant in person, your website should give him or her a sense of what it’s like. A professional restaurant web design company will make all the elements — including color scheme, styling, images, fonts, etc. — coordinate with your brand.
3. Responsive design. People search restaurants on the go all the time. Whether they’re looking for dining establishments in your city or “restaurants near me”, you want it to be easy for them to (a) find you, and (b) use your website on a mobile device. Responsive web design adapts to viewing devices, ensuring all visitors get the same user-friendly experience. It avoids flash and complex features that don’t work well on mobile devices.
4. Beautiful photos. There’s a good reason for the cliché that a picture’s worth a thousand words — it’s true. Visitors to your site can see your restaurant firsthand and get a sense of what you offer through the images you use — on your homepage, informational pages and photo gallery (if you offer one).
5. Simple navigation. Your site’s navigation menu needs to be simple, typically with six or fewer items. You might have an About page, a link to your menus, contact information and a link to reservations, for example. If you are feeling the need to have more than six menu links, your restaurant web design firm can help you brainstorm better ways to organize your information.
6. Obvious mapping and contact info. You must include clear, prominent contact information. You want your address and phone number to be obvious and easy to find. Likewise, your contact page should include clear mapping, as well as parking information, if relevant. The more ways you can simplify a visitor’s experience in getting to your restaurant, the better.
To learn more about how the right restaurant website can make a difference in your business, contact Straight North at 855-883-0011 or request a quote online.