Professional Services Web Design Company
Your website is your face to the world — the first impression most people get of your business. If you are an attorney, architect, accountant, engineer or other professional services provider, you want your website design to reflect your professional status and show your trustworthiness.
However, a website is far more than a fancy business card; it should also be a powerful lead generation tool for your business. If you are outsourcing your web design, be sure to choose a professional services web design company with online lead generation expertise.
Regardless of the type of professional service you offer, here are some professional services website design best practices to keep in mind.
People do business with people they know, like and trust. Your website can help prospective clients get to know and trust you, when you include the following suggestions.
- Incorporate testimonials, reviews and social media links throughout your site. Digital social proof is golden: Did you know that 88 percent of consumers consider online reviews just as trustworthy as a recommendation from a friend?
- Create an abundance of helpful content. Offering blogs, case studies, instructional guides and other content on your site establishes you as an expert in your field. (It’s great for your search rankings, too!) Done right, this is one of the best strategies for online client attraction. If you are short on time or inspiration, hire a professional services web design agency to create quality content for you.
- Hire a professional designer. Poor design reflects badly on your services. A good website designer will create a site that looks as professional as you are.
- Avoid stock photos. A site plastered with stock photos may have your visitors wondering if you are for real when they meet you in person. Instead, hire a photographer to capture you, your team and your office space in the best light possible.
Request A Free Consultation
Make it simple, clear, and easy.
People these days are busy and distracted, so you’ll want to make it as easy as possible for them to learn about and contact you. Incorporating these tips into your website design will help.
- Use a conversational tone in your copy, and avoid jargon to eliminate confusion and put your site visitors at ease. Be sure all copy is grammatically correct and free of typos.
- Format your web copy for easy reading — use subheads, bullets and plenty of white space.
- Restrict each page to one main idea. Create additional pages as necessary for multiple topics.
- Keep site navigation simple. Don’t have too many levels of pages or more than six first-level menu items. Include links back to important pages from all pages of your site.
- Make sure your site is mobile-responsive so you don’t lose visitors who use their cellphones or tablets.
Set up your site for lead generation.
Use these tips to turn your website into a lead generation tool.
- Include a contact page with easy ways to contact you.
- Consider including live chat on your site. Many prospects who are reluctant to pick up the phone will participate in chat.
- Include a clear call to action on every page.
- Offer one or more lead magnets on your site for visitors who sign up for your newsletter. This will let you follow up and convert them to customers over time.
Your website is an investment that should more than pay for itself over time in increased business. When seeking a professional services web design firm, choose one that can explain exactly how they will help you improve your lead generation and conversion experience. They will incorporate all these best practices and more to ensure that you end up with a functional, profitable website.
To learn more about Straight North’s personal services website design services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.