Medical Practice Website Design Company
Patients seeking healthcare providers have many choices in a wide variety of disciplines, from traditional Western medicine to New Age medical practices. No matter what type of healthcare you practice, your website provides the first substantial information new patients learn about you. To make a great first impression, you’ll need a website that builds trust, provides relevant information and encourages visitors to become patients.
Wellness Made Easy
Whether you build your website in-house or hire a medical practice web design agency, make sure your website design includes the basic features that will help new patients find you. Also include information you’d want to know if you were seeking a practitioner.
- Simple layout. A quick-loading, mobile-responsive design with an easy-to-read font and menu bar should be a top priority. Intuitive navigation helps patients find critical information quickly.
- Contact information. Your medical practice web design company should post doctors’ names, office phone and fax numbers, map and directions, social media icons, and contact forms on every page.
- Security measures. Let your patients know their information is safe and secure on your website; your medical practice web design firm can set you up with HIPAA-compliant certification.
- Staff profiles. Patients want to identify the key players on their healthcare team. Each doctor, nurse, technician, receptionist, etc., should be represented by a photograph along with certifications, specialties and awards.
- Build your reputation. Recommendations go a long way in encouraging visitors to take a deeper look at you and your practice. Make it easy for visitors to click on “Set an Appointment” by including testimonials from happy, healthy patients.
- Informative content. Keep your site updated and earn your patients’ trust with relevant news about your practice, seasonal maladies, preventative healthcare practices, and innovations in your field of practice. Your blog reflects your knowledge and relevance to your patients’ needs. Include email opt-ins to keep patients in the know with information-packed newsletters, blogs and vlogs.
- Website design extras. Always include options for patients to conveniently schedule appointments, fill out new patient forms, make payments and fill prescriptions. A chat box and FAQ page make it easy for visitors to get answers quickly.
Most patients look online first when seeking a new doctor. When visitors feel comfortable with your presence online, they’ll be encouraged to take the next step toward becoming your patients. Visiting your user-friendly, patient-focused, secure website will make the transition easy for them (and you!).
Learn more about Straight North’s medical practice marketing services; call us at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote here .