SEO for Financial Advisors
Having a strong Internet presence is a huge asset for financial advisor businesses.
Almost everyone looks online when they’re shopping for a service provider, but nearly 75 percent never get past the first page of search results. Search engine optimization (SEO) can help you turn this consumer behavior to your advantage and beat the competition to attract more business to your financial advising practice.
One thing financial advisors should keep in mind about SEO is that simply generating online traffic won’t necessarily get you the business you want. You also need to make sure you are targeting keywords with buying intent and show that you’re trustworthy. Effective SEO for financial advisors not only generates a steady stream of website visitors, but it builds that all-important trust factor that encourages them to pick up the phone and call you.
Setting up a proper SEO campaign to deliver optimal ROI calls for strategy and specialized expertise. A financial advisor SEO firm can help you create a winning SEO strategy for your business. Here are some tips for building trust while you improve your search rankings.
Request A Free Consultation
5 Trust-Building SEO Tips for Financial Advisors
- Use ultra-specific keywords. There is a lot of competition for broad search terms such as “wealth management firms”. Narrowing your search — for instance, by locale and/or target audience (e.g., “wealth management firms in Austin”) — makes it easier for your ideal clients to find you. It will also show them you have expertise in helping people just like them.
- Publish great content on your blog. Consistent, frequent blogging is one of the best ways to demonstrate your expertise. It also gives Google the fresh content it likes to see. Be sure to publish useful, well-written information. A financial advisor SEO agency can help you stay on track if writing is not your strong point or you don’t have time. It will also do the necessary keyword research to ensure your blogs attract the right audience.
- Leverage online reviews. 88 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as recommendations from family or friends. Set up listings on popular review sites such as Google My Business and Yelp, and encourage your satisfied customers to leave reviews.
- Get mobile-friendly. Because a majority of people now search online using mobile devices, Google rewards mobile-responsive sites with higher rankings in mobile search results. Having a site that is easy to navigate also subconsciously tells visitors that you have their best interests in mind and will be easy to work with. Hiring a financial advisor SEO company with expertise in responsive design will ensure that your new mobile-friendly site complies with SEO best practices for your industry.
- Create quality backlinks. When other sites link to yours, both humans and search engines view it as an indication that you have authority. There are many ways to get backlinks, including getting listed on business profile sites, local directory sites along with requesting links from other local business sites. But one of the best is to write guest blogs and articles that other sites will publish. It will, over time, build formidable site authority that will propel you towards the top of the search rankings as well as send high-quality potential clients your way. Finding quality sites to approach and creating content that meets their approval is easier said than done, so a qualified financial advisor SEO firm will have the connections and expertise to make it easy and profitable for you.
To learn more about Straight North’s financial advisor SEO services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.