5 Essential Local SEO Tips for Insurance Companies
1. Make your website easy to use. If your site is too slow or confusing, people will leave it in a hurry. What’s worse, Google monitors user behavior like bounce rates and time and uses this data in their ranking algorithm. If you haven’t had your website updated recently, you’ll want to get an insurance SEO firm with expertise in responsive design to assess your site for factors such as page loading speed, mobile-friendliness, broken links, and other factors that could be depressing your search rankings.
2. Update your Google My Business profile. Google is far and away the most popular search engine with the most power to affect your traffic. Filling out a Google profile can give you a huge boost in Google’s local search and map results, which makes it far easier for your customers to find you.
3. Get lots of links and citations. Together, inbound links from other sites and citations (mentions of your company name, address and phone number) on other sites account for the lion’s share of your SEO power. These rarely happen on their own, so you’ll need to encourage other sites to link to and mention you.
Here are some ways to do it:
- Join local and industry directories.
- Ask other local businesses and any nonprofits you sponsor to link to you.
- Publish articles and guest posts to other sites and blogs.
You’ll also want to be sure your name, address and phone number are consistent everywhere. If you need help, contact an insurance SEO agency.
4. Use local keywords. Trying to rank for popular insurance keywords such as “car insurance” is futile in such a competitive industry. Your best bet is to rank for your local area using long-tail keywords such as “car insurance agency Denver”.
5. Post excellent content. Search engines prefer sites that publish new content regularly — as do human visitors! Make sure your content is relevant, useful, interesting to read, and free of grammatical errors. Post often, and optimize each post with a different keyword — but don’t go overboard. It’s important to appeal to your human readers first and foremost.