Staying the Course
To build a site with staying power, start with all the basics of website design.
- Mobile-friendly design: Nearly half of all web searches are conducted on smartphones or tablets. Responsive website design makes you look good on any size screen — essential for your active, affluent audience.
- Intuitive navigation: Busy site visitors should be able to easily find what they’re looking for. Keep your menu bar simple and easy to read. Put your logo, phone and email contact info, location and business hours on your front-page header — and on every page of your website. Include your social media icons to encourage visitor interaction.
- An active blog: Golf’s popularity is at an all-time high, but many would-be golfers haven’t even swung a club because they lack confidence. Educating visitors about the golfing community and lifestyle invites these sideline golfers onto the green. Even pros want to know you know your stuff; insightful blog posts let them know you’re someone they can trust. Your golf web design firm can help you keep your blog filled with excellent content that also improves your search rankings so more customers find you online.
- Online services: Current customers will love logging in to your site to schedule tee times, pay fees, buy gift cards and make clubhouse reservations. Be sure to include a calendar filled with public events, and cater to your audience with exclusive membership pages.
- Capture leads: Have your golf web design agency include email and newsletter sign-up forms to increase visitors’ awareness and participation, and give you the chance to follow up.