Type “credit union” into Google and you’ll get more than 82 million results. Implementing a solid SEO strategy will help you differentiate yourself and attract the local credit union customers you want and need. It all starts with a thorough SEO audit. You’ll want to assess your website, your competition, and your ideal customer’s persona and behaviors, in addition to the goals you hope to achieve. Use these as you create your SEO strategy (a credit union SEO firm can help you do this if you don’t have an SEO expert on staff).
Here are some credit union SEO tips you can use to beat your online competition and generate more business.
- Select profitable local keywords. What are the highest-value services you offer? What search terms do your customers use to find these services in your local area? Be sure to include these on your keyword list, and prioritize pages that optimize for these keywords.
- Blog frequently. Fresh content lets the search engines know you’re actively in business, and they will reward you with higher rankings. Blogging is also a great service to your customers and can help generate local traffic; use your blog to post useful financial information, updates about your services and items of local interest. Be sure to post well-written, relevant and engaging information. If you don’t have a good writer on staff or don’t have time, hire a credit union SEO agency to help.
- Cultivate trust. On average, people planning to open a new bank account use 8.9 sources of research before they decide which institution to patronize. Often, they are looking for reasons to trust a bank or credit union. Use this to your advantage by setting up listings on popular review platforms such as Yelp or Merchant Circle, and encouraging your current customers to leave reviews. The backlinks from these sites will increase your site authority and rankings, and the positive reviews will boost your trust factor with consumers.
- Connect with other sites. Speaking of backlinks, building lots of links to other sites is one of the most powerful ways to boost your SEO results, so make this a priority! Here are a few ideas to help:
- Set up and optimize a Google My Business Listing.
- Join online directories, especially local ones.
- If you sponsor local nonprofits, ask them to link to your site.
- Offer guest blogs and articles to other sites. This does require a certain amount of relationship building, and you need to choose sites that are relevant, but doing this regularly will boost your rankings.
- Be consistent with your NAP (business name, address and phone number) across all of your listings.
- Add location pages to your site if you have multiple branches, and optimize them for local search.
- Get mobile-friendly. Search engines prefer responsive sites. They are also easier for your site visitors to use, so you’re more likely to engage and convert them.
- Track and tweak. If you are using a good credit union SEO company to implement your SEO strategy, its will track your traffic, goals and conversions and make appropriate changes to your strategy each month. Over time, this will generate the highest ROI from your credit union SEO campaign.
To learn more about our SEO services, please contact us or call 855-883-0011.