Nowadays, the average car customer is less likely to randomly walk into a dealership and make a purchase. Instead, he or she will most likely go online to research and compare options long before buying.
Some of the clients we’ve developed an updated web presence for:
Checklist for Your Car Dealer Website
When you work with a professional car dealer web design agency, it will custom-design your website with the goal of driving leads and increasing sales. Here are some key elements the design should include:
- Responsive design. Visitors will view your site on various devices, from smartphones to laptop computers. To ensure all have an optimal viewing experience, you need a responsive design that will adapt to whatever device is being used.
- Professional photos. Skip stock photos. Showcase quality photos of your vehicles online — make them high-resolution with an option for zooming, so visitors get detailed views of your inventory.
- Searchable catalog. Customers looking for a new car will want to explore your dealership’s options before they visit. Give them a tool to scroll through vehicles and gather information, empowering them to make informed decisions. In doing so, you’ll provide the details they need to want to buy from you.
- Scannable content. Avoid long chunks of text. Use headers, subheaders, bulleted lists and other text designations to make your content easier to scan.
- Clear contact info. Place your phone number prominently throughout your website so that it’s easy for customers to get in touch with you. Likewise, have a simple contact form that prompts them to contact you.
- Simple navigation. Stick to six or fewer items in your navigation menu, with the “contact” link last. If you have a hard time streamlining your menu, talk to your car dealer web design firm about brainstorming for better organization.
- Testimonials. Build credibility with your audience by showcasing testimonials from satisfied clients. Whether you have quotes posted prominently or video clips of customers sharing their experiences, these lend credibility and can go a long way toward making visitors want to buy from you.
- Calls to action. If you want site visitors to contact you or call your dealership, you have to encourage them. Include clear, compelling calls to action throughout your website to increase ROI.
If you’re interested in learning more about effective car dealer web design services that could build your business, contact Straight North at 855-883-0011 or request a quote online.