How To Be Smart When Checking The References Of A Web Design Company
What you will learn: How to determine whether a Web design company can build your new lead generation website properly.
Who should read this article: Anyone involved with selecting a Web design company.
Checking References Is Vital for Selecting the Right Web Design Company
When evaluating Web design companies to build a new lead generation website, companies often go wrong because they are dazzled by seemingly brilliant design capabilities, and as a result, are blinded to other crucial considerations.
The sure way to stay out of this trap is to check the Web design company’s references carefully — and cover all of the bases. By doing so, you will get the critical information you need to make a solid decision about which firm to hire.
A Simple Roadmap for Checking Web Design Company References
First, get the right references. What you are looking for is a Web design company client that had a project of similar purpose and scope. For instance, if you plan to build a 100-page, responsive design, lead generation, optimized website, your ideal reference will have a website fitting that description or close to it.
Second, talk to the right person or people. If you talk to someone too high up the ladder, he or she may not have the hands-on familiarity with the project to give you detailed insight. If you talk to someone too low on the ladder, you won’t get the strategic perspective. An ideal referral contact will be someone who was hands-on with the project, but also in a position to evaluate its overall success.
Third, ask the right questions. If you don’t probe under the surface, you’ll get superficial feedback that won’t help you make a decision. These sets of questions will tell you what you need to know:
- What were the objectives for your new website? How has your website performed against those goals?
- How long did the project take? Did it proceed on schedule? If there were delays, what caused them?
- Did the Web design company live up to your expectations? Why or why not?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your new website for SEO performance, content quality, design quality, ease of use, lead generation performance and brand presentation. Why did you rate them that way?
- Was the Web design company easy to work with? Were problems and challenges addressed quickly, thoroughly and professionally? Can you give us any examples?
Fourth, supplement your reference checks with online research. By doing a Google search for “[company name] online reviews” you may find links to extremely detailed and revealing client reviews.
Don’t take chances with your new website: it is the single most important component of your online marketing efforts. By checking references like a pro, you will end up with a pro-caliber website!
Contact Straight North to discuss your new lead generation website.
Call us at 855-883-0011 or request a quote online.