Website visitors are skimmers. If your website content is complicated, they won’t read it. You will lose sales leads. Here are 10 tips for simplifying your content.
- Use bulleted or numbered lists.
- Keep sentences short.
- Highlight key points in bold.
- Replace big words with small words.
- Keep paragraphs 3-5 lines long.
- Use subheads to break up chunks of text.
- State key benefits or services in subheads.
- Write like you are writing a personal letter.
- Have outsiders read your content — do they understand it?
- Score your text using the Flesh-Kincaid Grade Level test.
Why is company site content usually complicated? Because the company is trying to cover every possible detail: every objection, every product spec, every feature and every benefit.
Don’t get in your own way. Your site’s job is to get people to call or send a contact form. People don’t need every fact to be interested. If they are interested, they will get in touch.
Do you want a better lead generation website? Please contact us. We can help.