Display Advertising Reporting
Reputable display adverting agencies provide detailed, transparent and easy-to-understand monthly reports. Without this type of reporting, clients cannot determine whether their campaigns are improving or getting worse — in other words, they will be unable to calculate ROI for their Internet marketing investment. These are the most critical items to look for in display advertising monthly reports.
- Media spend — Is the agency staying within the media budget? Is it able to spend the entire budget? If the answer to either question is "no", campaign adjustments are in order.
- Impressions — How many times are ads displaying? Are impressions trending up, down or remaining flat?
- Clicks — How many clickthroughs is the campaign generating? What is the trend?
- Average CPC or CPM — Understanding cost per click (CPC) or cost per thousand impressions (CPM) tells advertisers a great deal about how much ROI their campaigns are producing. If CPC is modest compared to the value of a conversion, the campaign is on the right track.
- Average CTR — The clickthrough rate (CTR) is an important measurement of how efficiently the campaign is being conducted. If the CTR is flat or declining, this may indicate problems with strategy or testing methodology.
- Conversions — Conversion tracking is essential for ROI calculations, and must include data for form submissions, phone calls, e-commerce transactions, average order amount and revenue (if applicable).
- Average Conversion Rate — A steadily improving conversion rate indicates a solid strategy and testing methodology. Anything less means substantial adjustments are in order.
- ROAS — Return on ad spend (ROAS) is a calculation of how much revenue the campaign is generating for every dollar spent on advertising. The formula for calculating ROAS is to take the revenue generated by a campaign and divide it by the media spend. If the ROAS is higher than one that means that the campaign is generating more revenue than spend.
Request A Free Consultation
We never thought about retargeting until Straight North brought it to our attention. We’re glad they did, because we’re getting terrific results in every respect.
Clear, detailed reporting is a must-have attribute of any display advertising company a client is evaluating. Reputable companies are eager to show potential clients sample reports and/or a detailed list of items included in their reports.
Not getting the display reporting your campaign deserves? Call us now at 855-883-0011 or request a quote.