Medical SEO Services
Health care organizations of any size can increase appointments and service inquiries with a well-structured and properly tracked SEO campaign.
A medical and health SEO company, in all probability, will recommend a local SEO campaign to improve your organic visibility on Google in the geographic market(s) your organization serves. Local SEO has important benefits:
- Local SEO is a more efficient use of your marketing budget, since only keywords within your market area will be pursued.
- Local results are getting more and more favorable placement on SERPs (search engine results pages) from Google all the time. As a result, local search engine users will be more likely to notice your organic listing.
- Local SEO is in some ways more complex than national SEO — which means competitive organizations may be executing campaigns that are less effective, if they are executing local campaigns at all.
How an Expert Medical and Health SEO Company Executes a Local Campaign
Local SEO campaigns, like any ordinary SEO campaign, involve setup work followed by a basket of on-site and off-site activities aimed at increasing the organic visibility on Google for keywords that are relevant to your services — also highly likely to produce a conversion (appointment, consultation, etc.). What’s different about local SEO is the specific activities involved.
The first thing your medical and health SEO agency will do is conduct a thorough review of your website to make sure it is ready to support a local campaign. Important issues to review include:
- NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) should appear on every page of your website.
- Each primary set of keywords of your campaign needs a page of content dedicated to it. Often, this is not the case, so individual pages relating to your various services need to be created.
- Page titles and meta descriptions must be optimized and/or added.
- Existing content must be optimized with associated targeted keywords.
- Site navigation and internal linking must be clear to Google crawlers and human site visitors.
- The website must be mobile-friendly. Many search engine users are mobile users, and a high percentage of mobile search has local intent.
- Page loading speed and other technical site functionality must be working at peak efficiency.
- The website must have a focused conversion funnel so that organic traffic coming to your site converts, either through a phone call or form submission.
- A Google My Business (GMB) page should be set up and/or optimized, as a strong presence on this Google property strongly enhances your optimization.
Request A Free Consultation
On-site and off-site activities
- On-site, new content will be added to support additional targeted keywords as your campaign gains traction.
- Ongoing monitoring of site performance by your medical and health SEO firm, to ensure nothing is broken that will negatively affect your organic rankings.
- Off-site, cultivating patient/client reviews (following all industry and review site best practices). Positive online reviews carry a great deal of weight in Google’s search algorithm.
- Off-site, obtaining citations (mentions of your organization) on (primarily) local websites, as well as links to your website from relevant, authoritative websites in the health care field — again, with emphasis on local links.
Your budget and the competitive environment largely drive the number and type of keywords you can target. As results improve, new keywords can be targeted.
If you would like to learn more about our medical and health SEO services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.