Marketing for Doctors
Back in the day, the Yellow Pages ruled when it came to marketing your medical practice. But marketing for doctors is not that simple anymore.
While offline techniques still work, it’s essential to create a strong online presence for your doctor’s office to keep your appointment calendar full.
Here are some of the most effective ways to market your medical practice online.
Request A Free Consultation
5 Smart Internet Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Medical Practice
- Build an attractive website. For many patients, your website will be the first impression of your practice, so it pays to make sure it’s as clean and inviting as your waiting room. In addition to looking nice, your website should make it easy for patients to find information about your practice, and it should actively encourage them to contact your office. This level of web design requires professional expertise, so you may want to find an experienced doctor marketing agency to assist you in building your site.
- Be sure your local patients and prospects can easily find your site. More than 80 percent of consumers look for local services online, and 72 percent of adult Americans go online for medical advice. If they can’t find your site, they will go to a competing doctor. A well-implemented SEO (search engine optimization) campaign will help your site appear at the top of the list of local doctors. Whether you do it in-house or you hire a doctor marketing company to help, you’ll want to be sure to use SEO best practices — and avoid “black hat” techniques that could cause Google to penalize your site.
- Reach potential patients with online ads. SEO is an essential online medical marketing strategy, but it takes time to see results. If you are looking to expand your practice and need new patients right away, a PPC (pay-per-click) and/or display ad campaign is the way to go. Ads placed on Google, Facebook and other online platforms are trackable, so you can see exactly what kind of return you are getting for your marketing dollars. Keep in mind, though, that there is a science to online advertising. If you don’t get the results you were hoping for right away, consider hiring a doctor marketing firm experienced in PPC management and advanced display advertising techniques such as retargeting and contextual targeting.
- Use email to improve patient care. Your existing patients are the backbone of your practice. Take good care of them, and they’ll return the favor by booking repeat appointments and referring friends. One of the easiest ways to improve your patients’ experience is to implement an email marketing program for your medical office. Use email to send your patients important health updates as well as to remind them of upcoming appointments. It will make their life easier, and they will love you for it!
- Get social. Social media is an essential part of any doctor marketing strategy. You can use social media in so many ways to get the word out about your practice and to better serve your patients. Try posting healthy recipes to your Facebook account, or start a fitness challenge and encourage your followers to post pictures of their progress. Their likes and shares will boost your online presence and make your practice a household name.
For information about our doctor marketing services, call us at 855-883-0011 or request a quote here.