How Responsive Websites Generate More Leads
December 17, 2015
For lead generation, responsive websites are almost always necessary. Here is a quick rundown of why we feel very strongly about responsive websites.
Positive First Experience
- If someone accesses your website on a mobile device and has a poor experience, he/she is not likely to return. In business scenarios, a lot of people may do initial vetting on a mobile device, and then dig deeper on a desktop. If you don’t make a good first impression, game over.
- In some cases, a person will struggle with a non-responsive website because he/she has little or no choice. A well-optimized responsive website better respects your mobile visitor’s time. Better to get an enthusiastic lead than a grudging lead.
- A significant number of online users are not using a desktop. Without a responsive website, you are essentially losing what could be half or more of your prospects. What business is so profitable that it can afford to ignore such a vast opportunity?
- Search engines prioritize responsive websites over non-responsive ones, especially (but not exclusively) for mobile searches. Companies investing in SEO dampen the lead generation results of their campaigns when they go to battle with a non-responsive website.
- Browsing a non-responsive website on a mobile device is clumsy. Even if a visitor is a prospect, he/she may not be able to figure out how to make contact. People are notoriously impatient online.
- Responsive websites have multiple optimizations to make the mobile experience easier, such as larger buttons and a website that fits the screen of the device being used. These design features are rarely a disadvantage in desktop viewing, and are often an enhancement.
- Unlike a separate mobile website, a responsive website is easier to maintain, and simpler for customers and prospects to understand. Having multiple websites may confuse people about which website to use. Confusion equals missed lead opportunities.
We deliver! Sign up and we’ll send our valuable content right to your inbox.