Golf Web Design Company
Golf. It’s a lifestyle you enjoy — relaxation, exercise, challenge and camaraderie. You want to share your love of the sport with the world, and make a profit, too. Whether you run a golf store or a golf course, your website design will help you get there.
These days it is easy to create a basic website, but for one that makes a big impression and creates optimal results, choose a proven golf web design company. For a spectacular website that gets golf fans engaged and excited to do business with you, be sure to include these golf web design best practices.
Staying the Course
To build a site with staying power, start with all the basics of website design.
- Mobile-friendly design: Nearly half of all web searches are conducted on smartphones or tablets. Responsive website design makes you look good on any size screen — essential for your active, affluent audience.
- Intuitive navigation: Busy site visitors should be able to easily find what they’re looking for. Keep your menu bar simple and easy to read. Put your logo, phone and email contact info, location and business hours on your front-page header — and on every page of your website. Include your social media icons to encourage visitor interaction.
- An active blog: Golf’s popularity is at an all-time high, but many would-be golfers haven’t even swung a club because they lack confidence. Educating visitors about the golfing community and lifestyle invites these sideline golfers onto the green. Even pros want to know you know your stuff; insightful blog posts let them know you’re someone they can trust. Your golf web design firm can help you keep your blog filled with excellent content that also improves your search rankings so more customers find you online.
- Online services: Current customers will love logging in to your site to schedule tee times, pay fees, buy gift cards and make clubhouse reservations. Be sure to include a calendar filled with public events, and cater to your audience with exclusive membership pages.
- Capture leads: Have your golf web design agency include email and newsletter sign-up forms to increase visitors’ awareness and participation, and give you the chance to follow up.
Request A Free Consultation
Your Ace in the Hole
Once you have the basics in place, it’s time to fill your site with stellar golf-related content to set you apart from the competition and attract golfers to your course for a round or lesson.
- How-to training videos: Teach visitors what is second nature to you: Choose your clubs, develop your stance, control your swing, watch out for hazards — topics that help golfers play better. Post these regularly on your blog to develop a loyal following of fans.
- Virtual tours: Show visitors around the loop. Throw in tips to help them through the rough spots and boost their interest in your course. Add a practice range bloopers video to encourage beginners.
- Celebrity interviews: Post lively interviews with local and national celebrities, especially if a golfer might run into them on your links.
- Product demos: Got a line of clubs you especially like? Maybe a brand of balls you hit better than the rest? Share your favorites in live-action videos to stoke viewers’ interests.
- Photo albums: Fill your gallery with great photos on the greens, in the clubhouse and everywhere in between. Visitors will be excited to see your course and all its amenities.
- League and tournament information: Build excitement in your community by making this information available to spectators. Be sure to also make it easy for players to complete registration forms and pay entry fees.
Is Your Site Up to Par?
Website designs that convert require technical expertise. It’s worth the cost to hire a golf web design company to build and maintain your golf website. As you continue to educate, entertain and encourage, visitors will become customers, and your site will become a driving force for lead generation in your business.
To learn about Straight North’s golf web design services, call us at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote.