Mental Health Website Design Company
More than half of patients who seek therapy start with an online search for a therapist. To target the patients who need your skills, your website must show them you are a counselor who recognizes and understands the ever-increasing list of stresses and pressures of society. Your website must provide specific information about your areas of specialization, build trust, provide proof of your skills, and encourage visitors to become patients.
Creating Peace of Mind Online
Whether you build your website in-house or hire a mental health web design agency, make sure your website design includes the basic features and details that make your practice stand out from the rest.
- Easy-to-navigate layout. An experienced mental health web design firm will build a quick-loading, mobile-responsive website that’s easy for stressed patients to navigate and read. The menu bar should highlight the services and crucial information you offer.
- Contact information. Your mental health web design company will create a header or sidebar that includes doctors’ names; office phone number, email addresses and fax number; map and directions; social media icons; and contact forms on every page, making it easy for visitors to contact you.
- Secure technology. Patients will feel safe providing personal data when your mental health web design firm creates a website design built around HIPAA regulations.
- Staff profiles. Patients want to know who will be helping them on their journey, so identify each counselor, intern and receptionist with a professional photograph and their credentials/expertise.
- Your reputation. Testimonials are a great way to convert visitors to patients. Let satisfied patients tell of your compassionate nature and the methods you used to bring them through tough times to recovery. You may also want to link to online review sites such as Yelp, Healthgrades or Vitals.com.
- Informative content. It can sometimes take weeks, months or even years between the time people first consider therapy and the time they actually book an appointment. During this time, they often do a lot of research on providers. Show the value of your services by sharing news about your practice, new methods of treatment, and success stories. Include email opt-ins so you can stay top of mind with prospective patients by sending them informative blog posts or newsletters on a regular basis.
- Make it easy to be a patient. Your patients are already feeling stressed, anxious or overwhelmed. Make it as convenient as possible for them to schedule appointments, fill out new patient forms, and pay invoices. Also include a chat box and FAQ page so visitors can quickly receive answers to simple questions.
As society changes, people feel pressured to conform, to fight change or to create change. Build a website that reflects your understanding of the debilitating situations people face every day, and visitors will recognize you have what it takes to invigorate them. Combine this with solid lead generating website features, and they’ll become your patients.
If you’d like to learn more about Straight North’s mental health web design services, call us at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote here.