Hospital SEO Services
Hospital marketing has changed in recent decades. High-deductible health care plans, more informed patients, and changing markets are creating an environment where hospitals and clinics compete for patients.
SEO is one of the most powerful ways for hospitals to stay competitive. 77 percent of patients use search engines before scheduling hospital appointments, and nearly three times as many of them land on hospital sites through organic search than through other online avenues.
A hospital SEO agency will use many different techniques to improve a hospital’s search rankings. Here are a few hospital SEO tips you can implement to improve your hospital website’s traffic and conversions.
Structure Your Site Correctly
Hospital websites that are easy to navigate tend to rank higher. Such sites also encourage human visitors to stay longer — the more time visitors spend on your site the more likely they are to book with you. As you plan your hospital’s website, pay attention to these issues:
- Keyword support. Create pages to support keyword groups for each of the services you provide. Make sure the content is unique for each page, and keyword-optimize your meta descriptions, title tags, and H1 headings as well as your body copy. A good hospital SEO firm can help you determine the keywords that will generate the best ROI for your health care facility.
- Responsive design. Google places high priority on mobile-friendliness in mobile search results. If your site is not easy to navigate via phone or tablet, it’s time to consider an upgrade.
- Sitemap. Hospital websites are complicated with many links, so having HTML and XML sitemaps make it easier for search engines to crawl your site.
- Internal links. Try to structure your site logically, forming a pyramid structure with links from main pages to related subpages. Be vigilant about fixing or removing broken links.
These are just a few site issues that affect SEO. There are many technical issues as well. If your IT department does not have an SEO expert on staff, consider working with a hospital SEO company to identify and address any problems with your site.
Request A Free Consultation
Publish Oodles of Original Content
Consistent, fresh content is essential for optimal search placement. Blogging is one of the best ways to add fresh content to your site. It is also an especially good method for patient outreach, since 80 percent of Internet users report searching online for health care information.
Get Citations and Backlinks
Getting citations (online mentions of your company) and backlinks (links from other sites to yours) is a highly effective way to boost your SEO rankings — so effective, in fact, that once the basic SEO work has been done on your site, this should be a top SEO activity. Some ways to do it include:
- Publish content on your website and blog that is interesting and attracts links
- Writing articles and guest posts and getting them published on other sites
- Submit your hospital to business profile and local directory sites
Finding appropriate, high-quality sites to partner with and arranging to contribute articles can be time consuming, not to mention coming up with the quality content they want to see. Consider hiring a hospital SEO agency to help if you don’t want to do it in-house.
Keep in mind that SEO takes time and expertise to implement. If you have been trying to improve your rankings for some time without success, don’t give up! Consider getting a site audit from a reputable hospital SEO company that can help you assess what’s going on and guide you to achieving your lead generation goals.
To learn more about Straight North’s hospital SEO services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.