Plumbing SEO Services
Your plumbing company needs a steady stream of customers to stay profitable.
In the old days, the best way to get these leads was the Yellow Pages. Now, it’s the Internet: 97 percent of people seeking local business go online, and 50 percent of these searches result in contact with a local business.
Applying appropriate SEO techniques to your website will help you appear on top of local searches for plumbing services so you can beat the competition and keep the phone ringing with new opportunity. Here are some of the top techniques a plumber SEO company might use to make your site highly search-competitive.
Optimize Your Plumbing Site for Local Search
No matter how much traffic your site gets, it won’t do you much good if you’re not attracting customers within your service area. Try these tips to attract the local customers looking for your services:
- Use geo-targeted keywords. Weave keywords that contain the names of communities in your service area into your website copy. For instance, “plumbers in Roseville”, “Golden Valley plumbing companies” or “Minneapolis plumber”. Don’t forget to optimize the title tags and meta descriptions on your pages as well.
- Start a blog (and keep blogging!) Adding fresh content is one of the best ways to improve your search rankings. Optimizing posts with local keywords will help generate the local traffic for which you’re looking.
- Set up and optimize your Google My Business page. This will help you rank well on Google’s search and map results. Be sure to fully complete your profile with your company information and photos.
- Join online directories. Many people use directory sites such as Angie’s List and Houzz to find local contractors. You also might have local directory sites available in your area. Getting listed on these will help you reach a greater percentage of your local search traffic. Be sure to keep your company information consistent across all listings.
Request A Free Consultation
Make Your Site Mobile-Friendly
More people now search with tablets and phones than desktop computers. If a site isn’t easy for them to use, they click away in a hurry. Google’s algorithms reward mobile-responsive websites with higher rankings.
If your plumbing company website is too slow or too cumbersome for mobile users, you’re probably losing business. Hiring a plumber SEO agency with expertise in mobile responsive design to redesign your site will likely pay for itself in short order.
Build Backlinks to Your Site
As important as on-site search optimization is, the lion’s share of SEO involves getting other sites to link to yours. These backlinks establish site authority and attract additional traffic from elsewhere on the Web.
In addition to getting listed on Google My Business and directories, try these link-building tactics to establish a rock-solid local presence online:
- Sponsor local events and nonprofit organizations.
- Submit articles to local and industry publications. Include your website address in your author’s bio.
- A critical factor in SEO is guest blogging. You’ll need to cultivate relationships with relevant sites and submit excellent content for this to work, but if you can pull it off it’s one of the best ways to raise your online credibility and rankings.
These are just a few of many techniques you can use to make your site competitive for local search. A good plumber SEO firm can help you achieve optimal ROI from your site, as well as lighten the workload for your office staff once things get really busy from all the leads you are generating online!
Looking for Plumbing SEO Help? For more information on Straight North’s plumber SEO services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.