SEO for Electricians
Once upon a time, a simple Yellow Pages ad was all an electrician needed to get the phone ringing. But when was the last time anyone you know picked up the Yellow Pages? Now, when people look for local services, they reach for Google.
When they do, they are serious buyers. Eight out of 10 people who search online for electrical services become someone’s customer. The question is: Will they become your customer? The answer depends on your website’s search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO is the process of making your site more visible than your competition’s sites on Google and other search engines when people in your area search for an electrician. SEO is the online equivalent of word-of-mouth marketing. It builds over time, and converts like crazy. SEO leads convert to sales more than eight times better than leads from traditional outbound marketing!
An electrician SEO company will focus on a number of areas to help their customers beat your competition online. Some of these include:
Keyword Selection— A keyword is the word or phrase your ideal customer types into the search engine to find your services. You’ll want to create a list of keywords that match your services and your local area, such as “Rochester, MN electrician” or “electrical services Houston, TX”. Keywords can be very competitive, so you’ll want to focus on those that have the best ROI potential for your business. An electrician SEO agency can help you determine what these are.
Request A Free Consultation
On-Site Optimization— The next step is to set up your site so that the search engines give it more authority than your competition. There are a number of ways to do this:
- Create a list of target pages and assign each page target keywords
- Update your title tags to include your target keywords
- Edit or rewrite existing pages to include your target keywords
- Build out new target web pages written around your target keywords
- Correct technical SEO issues such as duplicate content, slow page loading, and site map issues (you may need to get an electrician SEO firm to help with this)
- Make your site mobile-friendly (Google rewards mobile/responsive sites with better placement in mobile results)
- Start a blog, and use it regularly to post keyword-rich articles that appeal to your customers
Off-Site SEO— Few electricians who do their own SEO understand how important it is to establish backlinks to your site from elsewhere online. It can be a time-consuming process, but a robust network of backlinks will, over time, help you get to the top of Google and stay there — an invaluable place to be, especially when the economy goes south.
Your backlink strategy may include:
- Listing your company in online directories
- Publishing articles and guest posts on electrical topics on relevant blogs and sites online
- Building a presence with online community sites such Angie’s List
- Getting local sites (such as your chamber of commerce or municipal site) to link to yours
All of SEO (keyword selection, content creation, technical work, and reaching out to partner sites) takes both time and expertise — including the strategic know-how to do it cost-effectively and maximize your ROI. Whether you do it all in-house or you hire an electrician SEO company to take it off your hands, optimizing your site will help ensure that your electrician business stays buzzing all year round.
To learn more about Straight North’s electrician SEO services, call us now at 855-883-0011 — or request a quote online.