Straight North is a high growth privately-owned digital marketing agency located in Downers Grove, IL. Our focus is on generating leads and ecommerce revenue for our growth-minded customers. In addition, Straight North owns ProStockHockey.com and Geargeek.com. ProStockHockey.com is an innovative online hockey equipment retailer that purchases overstock pro stock hockey equipment from NHL teams and resells to amateur hockey players (www.prostockhockey.com). Geargeek.com is the first and only complete equipment database of the NHL (www.geargeek.com).
Straight North and its companies are seeking a highly versatile Senior Accountant, who’s eager to expand their skills and responsibilities outside of accounting. The role requires a fundamental knowledge of accounting principles and a capacity to perform financial and business analysis. The role’s responsibilities are 60% accounting related, and the remainder includes operations, purchasing, sales & marketing, and human resources, with the opportunity to expand these responsibilities over time. A passion and deep knowledge of hockey is required. The position can be remote 3 days / week.
- Execute general accounting duties (bank reconciliation, accruals, revenue recognition, etc.)
- Prepare monthly financial statements and forecasts
- Calculate monthly commission and bonus payments and manage communication with personnel
- Inventory management (forecasting, costing, and pricing)
- Support purchasing process with NHL Teams and equipment manufacturers
- Analyze performance of marketing investments and provide recommendations on future investments
- Frequently communicate financial analysis and performance to executive leadership
- Highly versatile with an eagerness to continuously learn and accept new responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Professional accounting experience: 1 to 2 years minimum
- Played organized hockey in the last 5 years and maintains a strong passion and knowledge of the game and its equipment (brand/models)
- Detail orientated
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong communication skills
Our highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k), FSA, paid time off (for vacation, illness and personal time) along with health, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
About Straight North
Straight North is an Internet marketing agency with over 100 experts on staff. We're successful and growing, with a steady stream of new clients. Our formula is to hire smart people and turn them loose. We'll listen to you, help you, challenge you, and above all give you every opportunity to grow in your profession.