Junior Content Specialist
We are looking for a junior content specialist to join the team in our Downers Grove, IL headquarters. This is a full-time, on-site position. Work primarily consists of creating landing page and blog outlines on behalf of Straight North’s clients. If you enjoy working in an informal, collaborative atmosphere where talent is rewarded, please apply now.
- Serve as conduit between strategy and execution teams
- Develop a thorough understanding of the products/services offered by Straight North clients, along with any stated content preferences
- Starting with basic topic ideas, create outlines detailing specifically what writers should address to produce on-site content
- Adhere to Straight North standards for generating outlines — being clear, concise and professional
- Communicate with account managers or other Straight North personnel when clarification on a client matter/content topic is needed
- Work in tandem with lead content specialist
- BS in journalism, English, creative writing or related field
- 1-3+ years professional writing experience
- Solid writing skills within content formats
- Basic research skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO basics preferred
- Reliable, professional, strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Resume/online portfolio and salary expectations
- Understanding basics of Excel
Our highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k), FSA, paid time off (for vacation, illness and personal time) along with health, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
About Straight North
Straight North is an Internet marketing agency with over 100 experts on staff. We're successful and growing, with a steady stream of new clients. Our formula is to hire smart people and turn them loose. We'll listen to you, help you, challenge you, and above all give you every opportunity to grow in your profession.