Front-End Web Developer
Straight North is looking for a talented front-end web developer to join the team at our office in Downers Grove, IL. The focus of this full-time position will primarily be to assist with developing new websites from the ground up and helping with website changes for all of our current clients. This role will be team based, as you will be working with copywriters, web designers and back-end developers to bring projects to life. If you enjoy working in an informal, collaborative atmosphere where talent is rewarded, please apply now.
- Building responsive websites from the ground-up in both Drupal and WordPress (structure, presentation and interaction layers)
- Assisting with ongoing website support (changes) for current Drupal and WordPress clients
- Assisting with onsite SEO changes on a wide variety of websites for our current marketing clients
- Performing quality control checks on all web work
- Performing functional testing and usability testing on all web work
- Cross browser testing
- Loading text, images and other content into websites
- Ability to work with Git for version control via standard Git workflow
- Working knowledge of MySQL and PHP
- Prior working experience doing responsive web development
- WordPress and Drupal experience
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress throughout each project
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
At our conveniently-located office, you will enjoy our entrepreneurial work environment and casual dress code. Our highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k), paid time off (for vacation, illness and personal time), health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability.
About Straight North
Straight North is an Internet marketing agency with over 60 experts on staff. Our primary office locations are in Downers Grove, IL and Fort Mill, SC. We're successful and growing, with a steady stream of new clients. Our formula is to hire smart people and turn them loose. We'll listen to you, help you, challenge you, and above all give you every opportunity to grow in your profession.