We are looking for an editor to join the team in our Downers Grove, IL headquarters. This is a full-time, on-site position. Work primarily consists of editing/proofreading a variety of copy for Straight North and its clients. If you enjoy working in an informal, collaborative atmosphere where talent is rewarded, please apply now.
- Edit daily inventory provided by content manager
- Quality control to assure writers follow directions
- Edit copy for consistency, grammatical errors, punctuation, quality, tone, format, etc. (rewriting where necessary)
- Ensure copy adheres to Straight North standards, AP style and/or client guidelines
- Communicate with writers regarding questions/missing information/revisions
- Notify appropriate team members when assignments are completed
- Potentially assist in content outline preparation and/or writing projects
- BS in journalism, English, creative writing or related field
- 3-5+ years professional editing experience
- Resume/online portfolio and salary expectations
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Keen attention to detail
- Reliable, professional, strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Serious candidates will be required to take an editing test
At our conveniently-located office, you will enjoy our entrepreneurial work environment and casual dress code. Our highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k), paid time off (for vacation, illness and personal time), health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability.
About Straight North
Straight North is an Internet marketing agency with over 100 experts on staff. Our primary office locations are in Downers Grove, IL and Fort Mill, SC. We're successful and growing, with a steady stream of new clients. Our formula is to hire smart people and turn them loose. We'll listen to you, help you, challenge you, and above all give you every opportunity to grow in your profession.