About Hormone Health Network
The Hormone Health Network is the nation’s education resource for endocrine patients, committed to helping them engage in informed discussions with their health care providers about hormone health, disease and treatment options. HHN also offers health care providers accurate, time-saving tools and information to better serve their patients.
Google’s Hummingbird update was a major algorithm overhaul aimed at understanding searchers’ intent and satisfying their informational needs. Hormone Health Network – with its rich, informative endocrine health content – was well positioned to benefit from the update. Straight North provided in-depth SEO advice to turn the client’s treasure trove of content into a major advantage in search.
Most of Straight North’s work focused on-site since the client naturally attracted a high volume of valuable inbound links. We provided conversion optimization recommendations, advised the client on how to build a site map, converted PDF content into HTML pages and improved internal linking.
- Created HTML landing pages for PDF content.
- Improved internal linking to allow link equity to flow from popular informational content to key service pages.
- Optimized existing infographics to rank strongly in search results and increase earned links.
- Created embed codes for popular infographics to encourage sharing on third-party websites.
- Increased the crawl rate of “orphaned pages” by linking internally from related pages.
HHN’s SEO lead volume has increased 206.66 percent since campaign launch.
Organic search traffic ha increased 1,588.58 percent since campaign launch.
Newsletter signups, vital to HHN’s marketing efforts, are up 56 percent since campaign launch — demonstrating how SEO helps other Internet marketing initiatives.