Straight North is seeking a talented and experienced Website Copywriter to join our dynamic team. The selected candidate will be focused on research, content strategy, and content creation for new websites we are building, and for website support requests. This is a flexible remote/office position in our Downers Grove, IL office requiring one day in the office per week.
- Create compelling and engaging copy for client website projects, ensuring consistency in brand voice, tone, and messaging.
- Collaborate with clients and internal team members to develop content strategies that align with the project goals.
- Attend client meetings and interview subject matter experts with each client to obtain the inputs necessary to write content for all pages.
- Conduct thorough research on client industries and competitors to enhance the effectiveness of written content.
- Implement SEO copywriting best practices to improve website visibility and search engine rankings.
- Edit and proofread copy for accuracy, grammar, and style.
- Leverage the latest AI tools for efficiency gains in topic creation, ideation, page outlines, and research.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience as a Website Copywriter in a similar agency role.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience with SEO copywriting and a solid understanding of SEO best practices.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a variety of web copy samples.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Hard-working, self-directed, and effective working independently.
Our highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k), FSA, paid time off (for vacation, illness and personal time) along with health, dental, vision, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
About Straight North
Straight North is an Internet marketing agency with over 100 experts on staff. We're successful and growing, with a steady stream of new clients. Our formula is to hire smart people and turn them loose. We'll listen to you, help you, challenge you, and above all give you every opportunity to grow in your profession.